««Word: Insert indent
insert a long indent in Word is simple. There are several ways.
Type Indent by auto correction
- twice on the minus button, so that you – see. Then just write
- further. The two characters, Word automatically into a long dash.
the indent is longer than the hyphen and is used especially in bays – such as this text here -. Another name is ‘En dash’.
- option 1: press and hold the [Alt] and tap the keypad one after the other on the buttons , , .
- option 2: press simultaneously the buttons [Strg] – [Umschalten] – [-] .
- option 3: press and hold the [Strg] and tap on the [-] on the numeric keypad of the keyboard.
- click on Insert
- then select symbol – more symbols
- open the tab special characters.
now you see a list of special characters , including the Indent. If you want, you can change also the keyboard shortcut.