«««Windows shutdown – shutdown via command prompt (cmd)
shutdown with the command line you can cmd from Windows from the command prompt quickly shut down or restart. Read here how to do it and the most important parameters.
Windows shut down with shutdown
start with clicks start and run the Windows command prompt.
you are typing then:
shutdown / s / t 0
after the touch of a button on [Return] are closed all applications and Windows without further question shut down.
to reboot the Windows reboot via command prompt
shutdown / r / t 0
then the PC will restart.
To turn off the password when you start Windows from .
more parameters for shutdown in the command prompt
- / s – delay shutting down the computer with something
- / r – starts the computer with some delay-new
- / l – logs the current user from
- /t xxx – delayed the execution to xxx seconds. A value of 0 causes the command without delay
- / a b – cancels the shutdown (if timer with / set t) i – starts a graphical user interface
the parameters can also be combined, as shown in the example above. To see all parameters, type shutdown without further parameters.
exit Windows by double-clicking
to exit Windows is connected with many clicks of the mouse. Quicker link that you create on the desktop with a .
- click with the right mouse button once on an empty space on your desktop.
- new – click link to .
- link create in the window that then appears, enter:
shutdown / s / t 20
this is Windows after 60 seconds shut down.
- click on next and enter a name, for example exit Windows.
- the following a click on finish . The link is ready and will appear on the desktop.
to shut down Windows, need to, stop in the future only still double Windows icon click.