Windows: find out IP address
you want to find an IP address in Windows? No problem. Here are ways on how you find the IP address of your own computer in the local network and the Internet.
find out with ipconfig (all Windows versions)
with a simple command line you can quickly find out IP address Windows command line in all versions of Windows Windows
- open the box of Windows, using the keyboard shortcut [Win – R] .
- type cmd in the box of the start menu a
- press the [ return] -button.
- now a command line window appears. Enter the following command ipconfig
- Windows then displays a variety of information.
the sequence of four numbers behind “IPv4 address” is the selected value. The subnet mask is the same including. 99% of all private networks, that is “255.255.255.0”.
If you are not sure whether you have found the correct IP address, follow the address ranges reserved for local area networks. These are to address areas that are not used on the Internet, but are reserved exclusively in-house or private networks. Most likely, your computer for an IP address from one of the following three areas:
- 10.0.0.0 to 10.255.255.255
- 172.16.0.0 to 172.31.255.255
- 192.168.0.0 to 192.168.255.255
in the vast majority of home networks get addresses from the range 192.168.0.0 to 192.168.255.255 for use.
IP address identify Windows 10
1. enter left down to the desktop in the search window a Ethernet .
2 Select you then modify the entry Ethernet settings.
3. next click on Ethernet connected .
4. then Windows 10 shows you the Ethernet address.
more tips on IP addresses
- invoke the search settings by pressing [Win – W] and type “Ethernet” as a search term.
- from the search results, click change Ethernet settings. Now, in the main window, you see a list of your network connections. You only have one, like most users, that looks like this:
- click with the left mouse button on the icon network , which connected the addition for. Now, you get roughly following display. The Red framed part is your IP address.
- , click start – Control Panel .
- click once on view network status and tasks.
- it follows a mouse click on change adapter settings.
- connection in this example double click on the entry. (If other network adapters are displayed, you can click twice on one of them.
- is almost done – now open by clicking the details… .
- now see the IP address of your network card in addition to many other information.
IP address in Windows XP
- start – job and click with the right mouse button network environment .
- select properties and double click on connection.
- network support now click on the tab and you see the IP address. Display an IP address