Windows: extend send to to move files faster.
if the entries in the context menu, expand send to , can you in the Windows Explorer files simply to move a directory or copy.
the menu sending extend, to build a destination folder
- run the Windows Explorer and click once on the folder icon in the address bar, to enable text input.
- then type in: shell: sendto
- now opens up a directory that shows the recipient that you know already from the menu, as well as email recipients or desktop .
- navigate now with another Explorer window to the desired folder.
- drag the destination folder with the right mouse button in the SendTo folder.
- is the question, what to do with the folder, select Create shortcut.
- you can now see the new entry in the Explorer window.
- if the automatically inserted additional “Link” bothers you, you can rename the entry here on the button [F2] .
how to use the newly created entry in send to
when you are in a Windows window, where files are displayed, right click on the desired file, select sending and then the previously furnished folder that will serve as a target.
Without additional button copies the file or the files at the destination. However, to move the file from its current location to the selected destination, hold [Umschalten] pressed down while you click on the icon of the destination folder.
caution: may not press the button [Umschalten] doing, before you run the right mouse click, but really only when you click the folder entry in the menu send to . Otherwise, you have only a limited selection in the menu, where among other things your self defined folder do not appears.
by the way: sometimes the mouse for copying or moving is not the best option, because many file operations work with the keyboard faster .