Windows: Backup data without additional program
10 Windows own backup program – but it’s well hidden. So after a data GAU Windows itself, or the files you want to restore.
how to use the backup program from Windows
- enter the taskbar in the search field: “backup”. security settings
- click on the results. (with Windows 7, directly start the program backup and restore).
- In the following window, select to backup and restore (Windows 7). the description sounds though, as if it were a legacy program, but it works just fine with Windows 10.
- click on the link backup set .
- in the first step, Windows will now search for suitable target drives. The C: drive doesn’t belong because it contains Yes the backed up data to itself.
- If you have forgotten to connect your external hard disk, you do this and then click upgrade to .
- select a backup drive.
back up files to
In the next window, you then have the option to leave quite the selection of files Windows or even to intervene. Only if you really have saved all photos, documents and any other own files within your own user folder, you should take the first option. Windows backs up the folders of other people have logged on to the computer.
you are not sure, choose the second variant selection by user select
The point is only active if the target drive with NTFS is formatted system image down in the window. Thus, you can back up Windows itself to bring it back into shape after a disaster by repair option.
to set the time that the backup
the Windows backup program is actually designed to regularly perform the specified backup. The default is once a week. In the next window on schedule, click Change to change this default.
to not time-controlled, but immediately to ensure you disable the option where perform backup on a schedule basis.
to store the button backup and perform have pressed, closes the window again and you’ll see generally secure window and restore, look like the current settings to the backup. Have you initiated an immediate backup, the window it shows still progress.
There you will see Save also the button now. he serves as an exception immediately to start a scheduled backup.
how to play a backup
If you have saved your data to a backup device using the Windows backup program the moment where you need this backup comes back at some point.
make but definitely first making sure that Windows can access to the backed up data. So connect the external hard drive, or insert the used DVD-ROM. Because Windows creates an internal database of the backups, but pick this information directly from the media.
certain objects restore
backup and restore start the program as before.
if the lost data is only in your own data area, click there on the button recover their own data. The files should be restored by other users, use the link can restore all user files.
now opens up a blank mask. The recover empty file mask