What’s new for Acronis True Image 2017? [Quick Guide]
In September, the Acronis Publisher published the new version of its solution backup “Acronis True Image 2017” we already presented last year during 2016 release.
This article gives us the opportunity to make a tour d’horizon of the novelties of this version. Firstly at the level of the proposed format, there is a change because the storage in Cloud of your backups is directly integrated in the basic version Acronis True Image 2017, it is no longer necessary to opt for the Cloud version If you choose the formula with subscription .
50 GB are included in the base price, then by address proposed space may be increased with a billing accordingly. Count € 95 for a one year subscription, 1 TB storage, for 5 computers and an unlimited number of mobile devices. In comparison, for the 2016 version, it took € 199.95 for 5 computers and 15 mobile terminals, storage space was unlimited.
Here is a listing of the new features:
– backup of your Facebook profile : this feature allows to backup the content that you post on Facebook, to be on for example don’t lose your photos. This is directly accessible from the dashboard online (introduced with version 2016), and it is the only way to configure this backup.
– online management of your backup plans: directly from the dashboard online you have an overview of the devices that you save, and you can change the backup jobs, or even run a backup remotely from this interface.
– personal archives: already present with the 2016 version, the archiving of your personal data will be interesting to free space on your drive. In this version, Acronis has improved stability linked to this function, and the editor has added more options to manage its archives, including the ability to rename and delete the list archives. It is worth noting also the possibility to use network paths or access data directly from Explorer with a player ‘Acronis Archive’.
– encryption of personal archives in AES-256 bits
– add comments to your backups
– search engine to find specific files within your local backups
– connectivity with improved NAS, with notably the detection automatically of any connections with a NAS When you select a backup destination.
– add an entry in the context menu to directly trigger a backup of a disk or a directory
– modernization of the Acronis True Image interface and the dashboard online
for the complete changelog: Release Notes Acronis True Image 2017