The best resources for WordPress to create a web site restaurant [Quick Guide]
WordPress is the ideal platform to create a web site restaurant… Not only there are many themes and plugins “tailored” to achieve a website quality, functional and very powerful but increasingly this CMS will allow restaurant owners to stay free in the changes to the site, usually related to changes in prices and seasonality of the product.
Together make a tour d’horizon of the WordPress resources essential to create a web site restaurant …
1 / what a WordPress theme for a restaurant?
Currently, the “multi-purpose” WordPress themes have the wind in its sails! These are all-terrain themes that adapt to many types of activities, however, there are premium themes specially designed for restaurants that have nothing to envy to those famous “multi-purpose”. It is on the side of the Themeforest platform to browse… I have selected for you, three themes that are worth a visit:
- Design beautiful and in tune with the times
- online (in the form of contact form)
- highlighted Services
- Compatible with WooCommerce & WPML
- Plugins shipped : Visual dial, Slider Revolution
- installable Demo in one click
- Release Date: February 8, 2017
- price: currently at $ 29 (instead of $ 59)
- simple Design
- booking online (form with date and time)
- Visual Builder integrated
- various types of menus to display
- various types of Google maps
- Compatible with WooCommerce & WPML
- Plugin shipped: Slider Revolution
- installable Demo in one click
- Release Date: June 19, 2015
- price: $ 64
- sleek & chic while parallax
- online booking (OpenTable)
- order online
- Menus to display
- Compatible WooCommerce , WPML & Visual Composer
- Release Date: 11 June 2014
- price: $ 75
click installable Demo
2 / How to display menus?
A web site restaurant that would not display the content of the map or the menu would be almost useless… Indeed, the visitor who is looking for a restaurant for a dinner wants to know in advance what he’ll eat and especially at what price! It is therefore essential to the menus of the restaurant on the site. If the premium template does not natively, you will need to call a plugin… Here are the best extensions for menus and maps:
this is an add – one for the plugin Visual Composer . With it, you will have the choice between 24 different ways to present your menu… To satisfy the most demanding!
- Price: $ 11
- Compatible with Visual Composer 4.7 + 4.12 +
this is a powerful comprehensive plugin that allows to present the cards and menus of a restaurant in various ways: Parallax, masonry, grid, widget, carousel, menu filterable etc…
3 / want to add online booking?
This is a feature that is as indispensable as that of the menu… It is paramount to offer the visitor to the site the opportunity to book online. This is a service for the visitor but also save time for the restorer. Let’s see how to submit a booking module online:
this is a free and very effective plugin you will find in the official WordPress extensions directory. It will allow you to set up dates and opening hours regular or exceptional circumstances, to accept or decline the booking, send automated emails to answer… In addition, you rely on no external booking platform.
this premium plugin is a must. As Restaurant Reservations, you don’t comes to no platform but with the advantage of offering greater flexibility: multiple calendars at the same time, automated emails, customization, translation etc…
- Price: $ 25
- Compatible WPML
4 / and if you share the Chief revenue?
Offer the recipes of the online leader would rather optional… However, this can help to increase traffic and SEO while giving want the visitor to taste the result locally! For a nice presentation of your recipes, you can use one of these specific plugins:
Recipes is a free plugin available in the official WordPress extensions directory which offers:
- create fields customized for your recipes as well as categories, tags
- to create unique fields for each ingredient
- to assign an image to the one
by Simmer Recipes also is a free plugin that will allow you to:
- list the ingredients and the instructions in the form of steps
- customize the appearance of revenues
- show recipes in a widget
- sort recipes by category and author
- allow the visitor to print the recipe
5 / How to get the opinions of your customers?
Trip Advisor, Google, Michelin, Pages Yellow etc… already offer the possibility to note (judge) a restaurant with advice and stars. Why not also offer your own scoring module? Here are some plugins for this purpose:
this plugin is free and available in the official WordPress directory. It allows the customer to leave a review online without scoring system. You can moderate messages, import entries from another guestbook, add a system CAPTCHA etc…
this is a freemium plugin that allows your customers to leave a review directly from your site: a rating system on 5 stars with the possibility to leave a comment. You can also respond to customers, customize the colors and fonts.
6 / do not forget “classic”
I’m talking “classics” because it is, here, of features usually found on most web sites… Restaurants will also need these modules in order to:
- present the team (staff): the site visitors and potential customers like to know who is behind the kitchen, what are the references of owners etc… If your theme does not already do so, you will be able to quench the curiosity of your customers through a plugin such as Team Members or Team.
- Expose a gourmet Gallery: inspire the visitor to taste the dishes displayed proudly on a gourmet Gallery is also a good way to attract future customers… This is still a very important feature for a web site restaurant. There are to many plugin to create a Gallery Bank Gallery such as or even Easy Media Gallery …
- Get clients: if the Chief revenue or customer reviews are just bonuses for a web site restaurant, a map (map) is essential for the visitor quickly finds its way… You can insert a map by generating a “embed code” directly from your Google account ( Google My Maps ) then in the collAnt in your site, or you can use a WP Google Maps plugin such as for example.
- Accessible contact: in addition to all of the features required to create a web site restaurant, we should not forget that of the contact form, generally available on any website… There are many plugins such as Gravity Form , CaptainForm or even Caldera Form .
- Inform in real time: why not put a popup in place to view some important information as soon as the visitor comes to the site? A menu or a special evening, closing dates, event or even the dates already full… As much information that will arrive in time in time through a popup to present a simple notification such as Popup Builder or Popup Maker for example.
As for any other type of activity (hairdresser, dealers, freelance, photographers, agencies etc.) you won’t have trouble finding your happiness to achieve a quality with WordPress web site, which is full of resources and features!
your subscription is taken into account, please confirm it by checking your emails!