Show all subfolders in Explorer – sometimes you want to have the entire directory tree of a drive in the overview shortcut
. Then open the subfolder is pretty expensive. I’m glad that Windows Explorer it knows a special abbreviation.
folder for the drive or folder
- click with the mouse on the desired folder or drive links in the navigation bar of the Explorer. Press on the numeric keypad of the [*]
- -button. (The [x] mark is on some keyboards).
- the Windows Explorer opens all sub-directories and represents the complete directory tree.
- caution: If you perform this key command on a drive icon, it can take quite a while until the Windows Explorer is ready for use again.
- to close the tree again, press [-] on the numeric keypad.
- [+] button works similar to opens as the star, but show Windows 10 and 8: navigation pane only the current level and not the directories including
If your Explorer of the navigation pane on the left not represented, you can enable it again:
view . go to the menu and then click on the button left navigation area .
insert the hook with the navigation pane and you have the left column with the drives and directories.