Photos from the iPhone via airdrop send
a current iPhone or iPad can copy pictures and videos to a Mac via airdrop. Read how on the iPhone to airdrop in this manual.
on the iPhone airdrop transferred to the photos use
to send a picture via airdrop, proceed as follows:
- run the app photos on the iPhone or iPad.
- you select the image or images that you want to transfer.
- button (the rectangle with the arrow upwards) tap the parts of .
- now, see the image the possible recipients of the airdrop. (If not, you have to turn even that – see below).
- , tap the icon of the receiver and the file transfer begins.
first must airdrop reception on the iPhone switch
on the iPhone or iPad the airdrop active.
airdrop reception on a Mac turn
- open the Finder and click to airdrop.
- as next, click below in the window I’m visible for and select only contacts .
your Mac as a receiver is
find the pictures sent from your iPhone or iPad in the download folder of your Mac.
on the target machine.
by the way: the procedure also works in the other direction: drag images from your Mac to the icon for your iPhone or iPad in the airdrop folder. The images are then stored in the photos app of the iOS device.
requirements for airdrop
for airdrop between IOS and you need current hardware OSX devices. We have posted our description based on an iPhone 5 and a MacBook Air by mid-2013. With our old iPad 3 or an iMac by 2011 does the procedure described here unfortunately not. ( http://support.apple.com/kb/HT6510 ). Also need at least OS X 10.10 and iOS 8 exist.