Orange Pi 2 g – IoT (new): card development IoT ARM Linux, WiFi, GSM / 2G, Bluetooth for less than € 10 [Exclusive Guide]
Orange Pi continues to renew its range of mini PC. Orange Pi offers us a new model adapted to the development of object connected outside of a wireless coverage area. The Orange Pi 2 G – IoT announced late last year is now available on Aliexpress manufacturer Shenzhen Xunlong Software CO. store this new map of ARM Linux development is available now at € 9.42 (excluding shipping costs) .
- SoC: GDR Micro 8810PL ARM Cortex A5 processor @ 1.0 GHz with 2Gbit ( 256 MB ) of LPDDR2 RAM
- GPU: alive GC860 3D
- Modem GSM/GPRS/EDGE ( Technical Documentation)
- external storage: micro SD card
- connector compatible LCD screen up to qHD resolution
- Video: decoding up to 1080 p 30, up to 1080 p 30 h.264 encoding
- Audio : 3.5 mm jack + (receiver FM radio)
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n
- Bluetooth 2.1/EDR ( RDA5991 ),
- Module 2 G GSM/GPRS/EDGE. Requires a SIM card and a compatible subscription. Unknown driver.
- Camera: connector MIPI CSI-2 up to 2MP (compatible Raspberry Pi?)
- USB 2.0:
- 1 x USB
- 1 x micro USB OTG port
- 40 GPIO pin compatible Raspberry Pi (attention to bookstores) with SPI, I2C, ADC, GPIOs, PWM, etc…
- Serial port UART 3 pins on the map for debugging
- 5V via micro USB OTG port
- optional battery (unspecified connector)
- 8 jumpers selection jumpers, power button, boot selection header
- Dimensions: 68 x 42 mm
- Certifications : This and FCC (according to the marking on the card)
Shenzhen Xunlong offers us a platform for development of innovative connected object with this new model Orange Pi 2 G – IoT . On paper, the features are very tempting. In addition to the usual GPIO (which requires more work because of the lack of libraries from the Raspberry Pi), battery and connectivity GSM 2 G is a real plus. However, you should check if you are in an area covered by the 2G. Indeed, more and more countries are starting to give up this technology for the benefit of 3G / 4G. Orange Pi announces compatibility with Android, Ubuntu, Raspbian and Debian distributions. For the moment, Android and Ubuntu server images are available for download here . No Armbian image is yet available.