Mac: find out IP address
to find out the IP address of the Mac or MacBook? Then read our guide.
IP address on Mac determine
results in the easiest way to find out the IP address to the Mac via system preferences. The following steps are necessary:
- open system settings. Click network
- in the overview window that appears you will see the active network connections marked in green. In the details pane right you will find the corresponding IP address.
- to find out the address of another network connection, you click on it. (See the address but only, if the adapter is active).
Find out IP address of the Wi-Fi connection
it is particularly easy to detect the IP of the Wi-Fi connection.
- press and hold the [alt] and click on the wireless icon in the menu bar. Check the IP address on the wireless network.
Reading Tip: find the IPAddress of the iPhone
IP address in the terminal of the Mac
another way to find the IP address on Mac leads via the Terminal.
run the terminal program
you type the command
(the last character it is the digit zero). Now, the IP address of your network interface appears.
If you have enabled multiple network interfaces, including Wi-Fi, you can see it still try with
then the IP address for the second interface.
If you will not find it, you can try it also with
ifconfig | more
and to scroll through the complete output of the command.
read here how to set a different default browser on the Mac.
- sleek Apple style design ideal for Mac Pro, iMac, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, MacBook and Mac mini.
- Adds 3 free USB 3.0 port on your computer – data transfer rate up to 5 Gbps.
- Cards supported: CF, SD, SDXC, SDHC, microSD, MMC, M2