LG G3: how easily turn it into LG G5 [Exclusive Guide]
one of the main advantages with Android, it is the ability to customize its smartphone, or even, turn literally. Thus, those or that have a LG G3 (until 2014) yet in 2016 will power through this tutorial, give it an air of LG G5! Here are step by step the procedure to follow.
first before you begin, note that there are risks in the operations described in this tutorial and that neither Phonandroid nor the author of this tutorial cannot be held responsible for any problems encountered. Remember to make a backup before start you!
In order to turn your LG G3 on LG G5, go by installing a Custom Rom. The latter is developed by the Member xpirt of the XDA forum and was named by its creator “ Fulmics ROM»
The features of the Custom Rom “ Fulmics ROMA ‘
- Android 6.0 (MRA58K) + some 6.0.1 patches
- based on firmware LG v30N
- GUI complete UX 5.0 outcome of the latest firmware v10D LG G5
- Multi-carrier support
- Root, busybox and init.d support
- Sysro / Sysrw binaries
- duration of the improved battery life , performance and best memory
- Sqlite support
- the G5 LG features:
- time-lapse Camera
- Camera Snap Mode
- Video Editor with several effects
- function from the V10 LG LCD
- Fulmics Tweaks – tons of improvements and customization possibilities!
- Fulmics HUB – download the latest mods/addons/kernels/etc directly on your smartphone!
- Menu advanced power (Reboot, Hot Reboot, Recovery, Safe Mode)
- Camera: 60 FPS (FullHD), 64 Bit (4 k), 100% Quality (jpeg)
- Model selection (F400L/F400S/F400K, D850 D851 D852, D855, LS990, US990, VS985, D856, D857 D858/HK, D859)
- Sharpening Mod (disabled, 25%, 50%, 75%, Stock)
- CTT Mod
- Custom LG apps removing
- Custom Google apps removing
- Custom addons (VIPER4Android installation (, Sound Boost)
- GPS Region fix
- Custom apps removing
not only the Fulmics custom ROM offer you UI UX 5.0 found on the G5, but on top of that, it allows you to benefit from the new features present on the latter such as the settings menu DOZE, permissions selective applications and many other features.
overview of the Rom
here is a small video of presentation of the ROM. Note that only the features that depend on the hardware part not available for the LG G3, such as those for the scanner or camera. features are rich and varied, as we let you discover them for yourself.
in order to install the Custom Rom, some prerequisites are required and you must therefore:
- installing the custom TWRP recovery available here
- uploading the file of the Custom Rom: FulmicsROM – 6.5.zip
- have a charged battery (50% mini)
the installation of the Rom
copy / paste the ZIP file of the rom you downloaded in the internal memory of your phone without unpack it.
Phone off, reboot into recovery mode see procedure here
before continuing further, make a Nandroid Backup !
In the menu that appears, select “Backup” then choose the partitions you want to back up. Slide your finger from left to right on “Swipe to Back Up” in order to start the backup process.
Please be patient as this can take some time depending on the number of applications and data on your smartphone.
Once the backup, do return and go to ‘Wipe’ and “Advanced Wipe ”
check “Dalvik / ART CAche” / “System ‘ / ‘Data’ / ‘Cache’
then drag your finger from left to right on “Swipe to Wipe”.
Beware, this operation erases everything on your device (configured settings, photos, files and accounts audios/videos…).
return to the main menu, then press the ‘Install’ time . Here, you just more to choose the rom file and the Flash then dragging to the left to the right “Swipe to Confirm Flash” .
you’ll see then an AROMA menu offering to choose the model of your LG G3. Select it and the options that you want to install.
Once the ROM flash finished, check the box “Reboot your device now” and -press “Finish”
your LG G3 will restart with the new ROM be patient, it might take awhile.
Congratulations, you have just installed the Custom ROM “ Fulmics ROM” on your LG G3! If you have difficulties or questions about the installation process, feel free to ask your questions in the section forum dedicated to the LG G3 . The community will be happy to answer your questions and guide you to the best.