«««In Windows, to create a compressed ZIP file
you can combine multiple files and folder in an archive that is compressed to a ZIP file of Windows. This is ideal for example for sending as an email or on a USB stick.
as in Windows Explorer, create a ZIP file
- to create an archive, select the files and folders that you want to tackle first.
- click on the marker with the right mouse button.
- send to select – zipped folder .
- then the compress operation starts.
- he is finished, is the desired ZIP file that provisionally bears de name of the first file in the current folder.
- Windows offers directly to rename the file. You have to type so only still away.
- If you double click on the file just created, you see its contents. When selecting the view option, you can read off the achieved compression rate details . Is there called compression ratio for example 80%, the data on 20% of your original size have been shrunk.
- If you draw other files or folders into an open ZIP file, automatically grabs her Windows and applies the compression here too.
- a remove deletes files from the archive file.
in all operations, the original files remain untouched.
Windows can compress also, , without that you need to handle ZIP files .
how to use other archive formats like RAR or BZIP2
Windows can pack of House from ZIP files and unzip it. But what about other archive unpacking?
here helps a free program called 7-zip, you see http://www.7-zip.org/ download can download.
after installing 7-zip among others in the context menu available is: to compress a file or folder, click with the right mouse button on it and select the desired compression command from 7-zip . ZIP and the better compacting according to 7-zip 7z available are available here from House.
If you want to choose a different format for the compression, take Add to an archive. There, you can control exactly what format the files are compressed as much.
here is a overview of the formats supported by 7-zip:
in addition to the context menu is available 7-zip in a separate program window available
here files and folders select which you want to add to an archive. Or unzip single or all files from an existing archive.