Expect Apple pages tables
you want to with Apple pages tables calculate, for example for an offer or an invoice? Read our tip.
account with Apple pages in tables –
how-to for you next to your table
fill and enter data and figures.
If you want to calculate something in a cell, proceed as follows: click on the cell in which the result should be and then tap on the equality sign [=]
- now pops up a window in which you can enter a formula.
- click first on the cell from which the first value of your calculation to come. Which is inserted then with my cell designation, such as “B2”.
- then enter an operator, for example * for multiplication, and then click the cell from which the second value of the calculation to come.
- then, tap the [Return] button, and see the result of the calculation.
The features of
help the tables in Apple pages are equipped with powerful functions. Conveniently also a helper function offers Apple pages, which further helps to the functions.
to use the help, proceed as follows:
- click in the program window by Apple pages format to (this is the small brush icon top right).
- is followed by a double click in a table cell that already contains a formula.
- now appears the help in the column right next to the document. Here you can find formulas and get detailed information.
- Alternatively, you can select a category in the left column of the help function and then see the corresponding formulas and functions in the right column.
- to apply a formula in the table, click on it.
- shows right when you insert Apple pages which fill in fields of a formula you are.