««Excel drop down: selection lists generate
drop-down lists in Excel: you want to in a cell format, that a user can enter only certain values, for example “Yes” and “No” or “Maybe”? With Excel, which is simply about a list box.
Excel drop down list set up
- click first in the list box, so the field, which will then contain the selection list.
- , select the tab data data validation and to the settings .
- allow you select data validation list and pretend below in addition to source again the options separated with semicolons.
select list type by clicking on OK in Excel have a selection list.
dropdown from table data generate
- to produce a list of existing table data, proceed as described above.
- instead of by hand, click on the small icon next to the input line by source .
- , which should serve as a template for the list.
- or OK and the previously selected cells are available as drop.
However source to fill in
Tip: hide the cells for the drop-down list on a different worksheet. Thus, your worksheet appears much cleaner.
provide drop-down list in earlier versions of Excel
- select the cell in which the user do the input. Click data – validation
- choose under allow the entry , list.
- enter the allowed values under source. Each separate the values with a semicolon, for example Yes, no, maybe . Click OK
is a small list button appears next to the cell. Once you click to see the previously written selection list.
, how to optimally use conditional formatting in Excel .