«««E-Mail: annex shrink
when you send a file by E-Mail, you should consider whether you resize the file attachment. This saves you and the recipient of trouble and time. compress a special algorithm shrink the file without losing information.
why compress the attachment?
- that for the advantage that the whole amount of data is small.
- for the delivery of data thus goes faster and faster, the recipient can download the file.
- also run less risk that the message is deleted on the road, if the size of an individual transmitted E-Mail is limited at your provider or the consignee.
- the decrease is also helpful, if the recipient of an email on the road is, for example, mobile and therefore must make sure its data volume.
to shrink file attachments
- mark you to all of the files that you want to send and click with the right mouse button to.
- from the menu that appears. Immediately afterwards, Windows generates the scaled down version.
- the ZIP file is placed in the same folder as the output data.
- the archive file is the name of the first selected file first. Windows offers directly to renaming: the ZIP file is selected and the name part is marked for the revision.
select send zipped folder –
not all files can compress themselves well
- compress especially when long text files or formats that are still not inherently compressed makes sense.
- already compressed formats include, for example, the image formats JPG, GIF and PNG as well as all video formats such as AVI, MP4, M2V.
- also music files with extension MP3 are already compressed. Here, there is no point to insert a compression step again.
- one advantage of compression of already reduced files is that you can combine multiple files into a file. This makes it easier to track. See the next tip on how you easily can see the file properties