Apple Mac: Default browser for OS X to
Firefox or chrome are good alternatives to Safari on the Mac. But Safari is preset as your standard browser. Who permanently want to use Firefox or chrome on my Mac, should better set my personal favorite program as your default browser.
the purpose of setting a default browser: then links from applications, for example E-mail or word processing in your favorite browser – Firefox or chrome – will be opened instead of the Safari.
default browser in Mac OS X to
Mac OS X had earlier very own ideas when it comes to setting a standard browser: to use another browser, you had to first open Safari and enter it. Since the version OS X 10.10 it just been drawn: set the default program now in the normal settings of the operating system.
- so go to the system settings of your Mac and click right on the first icon General .
- in the Middle you will find the standard Web browser option.
- click it and you get a list of all browser and any other programs that can handle Web URLs.
- Set the desired browser program.
- close the settings – saving happens automatically.
now have a new default browser. If so a link in an e-mail message or a document is click on the address of the previously set browser started and no longer via Safari.
then occasionally something, you want to use a different browser, copy the desired Web address on the Clipboard, launch the alternative browser and paste the Clipboard into the address bar.
If you even want to know how you can define a specific application for a file type as the default, continue reading here: change standard program for file types.
- sleek Apple style design ideal for Mac Pro, iMac, MacBook Air, MacBook Pro, MacBook and Mac mini.
- Adds 3 free USB 3.0 port on your computer – data transfer rate up to 5 Gbps.
- Cards supported: CF, SD, SDXC, SDHC, microSD, MMC, M2